Kisan biotech has been an innovative initiative to ensure biotechnology benefits to farmers. It proposes to provide sustained and improved income of farmers through biotechnology applications. This initiative did not merely encompassed Bio technology inputs but improving factors around farming. Soil and water have been important areas of intervention. Thus, the improved productivity is also proposed to be subjected for value addition to ensure local branding with elevated values for better return. Biotech Kisan have its unique feature to identify & promote local farm leadership in both gender. Such leadership help to develop science based farming besides facilitating transfer of knowledge. This also helps to identify the location specific problem of farmers for institutes.
Kisan Biotech is an example of inclusive farming where all major stakes are covered. It is one initiative that helps farmers from seed to farm services on one hand and mastering farm management to market.
By and large, mandate of biotech kisan programme is not technology development but technology dissemination and technology transfer and management among the farmers community.
Colocasia (Arbi) Cultivation
Biotech KISAN, program is proposed with a mission approach with the establishment of hub and sub-hubs to fulfil- the technology need of the area and generate agriculture and bio-resource related avenues for the local community for the better livelihood and jobs. The objectives of the project are :
- ♦ The establishment of sustainable model of improved farming to serve farmers for mountain region through establishment of Kisaan Hub (one central hub and three sub hub)
- ♦ To promote mainly Local resources for inclusive farming for creating sustainability and to ensure its long term delivery.
- ♦ To develop linkages with R&D and regional institutes with different disciplines in Agriculture, Forest and Soilâ€“Water related activities
- ♦ To promote and initiate interface between farmers and scientists.
- ♦ To provide fellowship to men and women farmers.
- ♦ To develop market linkages and Promotion of Bio-kiosk and Bio-fair for farmers produce.
Programme Supported By:
Department of Biotechnology (DBT) , New Delhi
Implementing agency :
Himalayan Environmental Studies and Conservation Organization (HESCO), Dehradun
© 2018 BioTech Kisaan. All rights reserved | Design by Brainrock